My 166 day adventure begins!

Friday, October 22, 2010

10/22/10!

Hey everyone! Today I'm leaving for Sun City, which I am very excited for. We are on another little holiday which is very nice because school is pretty hectic. After I get back from this holiday we have two weeks of school and then a month of taking exams. Im not looking forward to exams because they are a big thing. Everyday I've been studying. Its especially hard because I came in the middle of the school year. But hopefully they might cut me a little slack if I don't do too well. The school is very different work wise because they might have 7 huge projects/assignments in a term, where all our work is mostly classwork. So most if your marks come from the big projects. The other thing is that teachers rarely give out 100% or even 80-90%. Its very frustrating because I think that the school should base the grades on a rubric or something like that instead if just what they think we should deserve. Recently I did an english speech and I got a 79% I was really disappointed with it, but then people told me that it was really good because here a 79% is a high B or a low A. So the grading system is totally different. Its a little weird but i'm getting used to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment